how to correct childs behavior in school

ok my daughter is 8 years old and is in second grade and since school has started she has been in trouble 7 times now
she has been getting yellow days for yelling out in class, talking in class, not following directions, tearing apart a eraser and throwing it at other students, making noise stuff like that. well I grounded her for the week end which is no cartoons no playing with other kids no riding her bike to try to correct this behavior I have also talked to her letting her know this behavior isn't allowed and what will happen if it continues like getting in trouble at school going to office missing recess ect what can I do to stop her from acting out in class her teacher said academically she is doing great but not following the rules at school is a problem any help

shylilly

Asked by shylilly at 10:28 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Honestly there is not anything you can do to control her behavior at school. You can talk and punish her at home but once she leaves the house there is nothing you can do. My son also has behavior issues at school and the school phycologist suggested letting the consequences at school be his punishment for his behavior at school. Basically school stays at school. Now don't get me wrong, I am in constant communication with his teacher, we email almost daily, and I do talk with my son about his behavior and the consequences and what's expected of him. He just isn't punished at home for it and so far it's working quite well.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:02 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• This won't be the popular answer I am sure but some spanking might be in order. My dd is in first grade and has very few behavior issues at school or at home. She has been in trouble once this year for playing in line. When we were kids how were things handled? Trouble at school meant trouble at home. Teachers have to have our support at home and need to be respected by our kids to do their jobs.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:24 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Obviously this teacher has no control of her class. She shouldn't be sending your kid to the office for such petty things. I'd try a change of teacher.
    mominnorthvegas

Answer by mominnorthvegas at 7:33 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• mominnorthvegas Did you see that this child is in second grade? This is not kindergarten and that is not second grade behavior. All of these things would be disruptive to the class.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:47 PM on Oct. 2, 2010