Best credit card for helping credit score?

Do any of you know what kind of credit card I should apply for to help my credit? My husband and I have no credit and I figure now is the time to start building it. We won't use it for anything other than a few bills, and I would like for my bank to pay it off once a month so I won't risk making a late payment...Any suggestions? What card do you use?

I'm also not wanting hidden fees or high interest! I know it costs money to make money, but we don't have much to spend...

Evansmommy91

Asked by Evansmommy91 at 10:35 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• Just any credit card....but the thing that gives you a GOOD Credit History is your payment record. If you pay before the due date,never have late payments, never miss a payment, then your credit rating will be excellent.
    WHat you DO with the Card creates your credit score. Just keep on paying.
    I have a Visa and a Master Card....have had them for 19 years and have never missed a payment.So, I have an excellent credit rating.
    Good luck!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:41 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• We use a Mastercard. We use it for groceries and gas only and pay it off totally every month. That is the key, as has been mentioned earlier, to pay it off and that is what will give you good credit. Also, if you pay your utility bills faithfully it adds to your good credit rating. GL!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:24 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Thank you for the replies! For the mastercard, can I set it up so that money is transferred monthly on a certain day to pay it off?
    Evansmommy91

Comment by Evansmommy91 (original poster) at 11:34 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• If you have any bills....a mortgage, utilities, cell phone, car loan, then you do have credit. And if you pay those on time you should have a decent score already
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• If you have online banking with your bank you can pay off the mastercard every month. But I don't know if it can be done automatically. You'd have to check the card rules/agreement. I know some bills can be paid automatically but don't know about credit cards. Best thing is to ask at your bank.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:23 PM on Oct. 2, 2010