To all Seventh Day Adventists.............

I need some tips on keeping the Sabbath. What do you do to get through the day without being tempted to shop or something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm not Seventh Day Adventist but I am LDS and we believe in keeping the sabbath day. We don't shop or go out and what not on the Sabbath. Growing up we always watched disney movies or cartoon church movies, then we went to church, and then we usually came home and all pitched in to make a big dinner. Also make sure the day before you have everything you need so you are not tempted to run out real quick to go pick something up. So do your shopping the day before and what not. Also a lot of it is your mentality. In the morning to prepare for the day I would read your Bible, that way you get into a good frame of mind for the day. :D
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 3:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2010