Have not had a menstrual in five years

I am 35 years old and have all my organs. The doctor burned the lining of my uterus because I was passing blood clots during my periods and in between them. I have lost alot of weight and I am always cold even my finger tips get cold. I don't have insurance yet and I feel like my body is really going through something. What kind of health issues could I have from not having a menstrual for five years.

qbee35

Asked by qbee35 at 10:40 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Health

• The weight loss is responsible for your never having periods. Your body has to have a cerain percentage of fat in order for the creation of the female hormones that bring your menstrual cycle on each month. I would find a new doctor---soneone who can find out why you are losing weight and are so cold. Good luck!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• idk..but i didnt have one for 4 yrs (because i was on the depo shot) i came off of it and still did not get my period (i waited another year)..my doctor gave me a drug to induce my period and i finally started..since my doctor gave me the drug i have been having unpredictable periods..periods inbetween periods (lots of clots with old blood, nasty smelly blood that looks like its been hiding away in my body somewhere for years) i've also been having cysts bursting during the time a cycle is due and it hurts like hell. because of all that old blood it has caused bacteria infections as well
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:47 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I had a simailr problem a few years back after I had my third chld. I had the lining in my uterus burn out too because of fibryol tumors. I started to lose weight and did not see my cycle for almost three years. My doctor place me on birth control and watch my blood to see if my sickle cell traide did not turn full blown sickle cell. There are many diffirent reasons way we don't see our cycle. I know I need more harmones as my body was not producing them. After a while things turned back to normal. Check every thing like I did and see what happens then.
    dorotheabrown37

Answer by dorotheabrown37 at 10:51 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• If the doctor burned the lining of your uterus then that would have sterilized you and stopped your periods.

I find it very interesting that you feel the cold because I do too and I've had a hysterectomy. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:24 AM on Oct. 2, 2010