Do only good looking people find love?

Yes...I know it's a stupid question. I am back in the dating game after several years of marriage. Now...I am an attractive person and have been told on several different occasions, but I'm no supermodel and I am about 50 pounds overweight. How much trouble is it to meet someone these days? I'm also a confident person, but I guess a little skeptical since I've been off the market for so long and have two kids. Please tell me this is going to be easier than it seems!! Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• It's not about the looks, it's the personality. I would rather date a strong, confident person who is not very good-looking that a model who needs to come back down to earth.
    Of course it also depends on what the guy is looking for. If they're looking for a bimbo, they'll probably pick a skinny slutty-looking girl with a low IQ but a pretty face. If they are actually looking for a relationship that could go somewhere, they'll pick you.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 10:52 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• It's not about the looks, it's the personality.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 11:00 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• no, ugly people find other ugly people
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• It may take a little time, but keep an eye out. The right one will come along. There are different things you can do to meet other people --church, classes, pta meetings, etc. If you know what you are looking for, that's half the battle there. Good luck!
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 12:05 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• It is not how you look...it is how you make that other person FEEL when he is with you. If he loves being with you and he feels happy , admired and appreciated and relaxed, then that is all that matters!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• All people are flawed, and it IS hard to find that someone you can connect with....What another person is looking for in you, will also play a role. Do good looking people have it easier? Only in getting that first date.......SOMETIMES (some people assume attractive people will not like them)...best wishes to you...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I'm what you'd have to call "criminally unattractive" and I found love.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:48 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• honey I am not the best looking and there are some pretty crazy looking people out there that find love everyday... Looks doesn't control how you feel 100% about someone... unless they are just shallow and wanting sum booty lol
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 12:50 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• You don't have to be supermodel pretty to find love. I'm not all that good-looking and I found love with one of the most wonderful men on the planet.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Each person you meet will help you build up even more confidence in your idea of the right man. You are just making your selection now. Don't expect each guy you meet to be "the one". Just treat them as men. Learn about them so you can decide what you truly do want in a mate. Once you narrow it all down you know what to look for and you don't have to kiss all those frogs while searching for your prince!

Answer by admckenzie at 1:04 PM on Oct. 2, 2010