HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE DONATED HAIR TO LOCKS OF LOVE?

i have quite a few times. the last time i donated 14 inches. i think it's a really worthy cause. how much did you donate?

pinkclover

Asked by pinkclover at 8:40 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I did back in the Spring-- 11 inches. I will definitely do it again! By the way, if you have a Fantastic Sam's near you, they donate the hair styling for Locks of Love and even send in the hair for you. Can't beat that, help out a child in need and get a free new "do!"
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 11:10 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• The minimum you can donate is 10 inches. i have donated i think it was like 12 inc.... i love to do it.
    Anonymous

• ME! I donated 13 inches a few years ago and am going back within the next few months to donate again since I got lots of hair from being pregnant. I think everyone should donate their hair....it will grow back! LOL I will probably keep my hair short for a while (always had long hair) but I will def continue to donate as long as I can keep growing it!
    bigtrucksgirl

Answer by bigtrucksgirl at 8:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I tried and got turned down...so did 2 other people I know. Mine was color treated so they wouldn't take it...a lady I worked with tried to donate hers, but since she was a pot head they wouldn't let her, my young niece tried to donate hers with her first hair cut and they wouldn't let her because it wasn't even enough. Its got to be hard to find someone with 14 inches of hair that hasn't ever been dyed and is even!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:53 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I donated 12" about a year and a 1/2 ago. I got a really cute short hair cut enjoyed it for a while and am growing my hair out again. My hair grows really fast so I'll probably donate more next April or May. I think it's a wonderful thing to do. It helps so many people.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My hair was color treated and they still accepted it. Hmmm.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• MINE WAS COLOR TREATED AS WELL,BUT IT WASN'T FAR FROM MY NATURAL COLOR.
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 9:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I donated about 15 inches in September 2007. I ended up getting 18 inches cut off for that hair cut! She had to cut an additional 3 inches to "shape it up" & make it cute. I missed my hair, but I loved knowing that I contributed! I'll probably do it again someday, but not too soon!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 9:32 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I donated 13 inches a few years ago, I will definately do it again, I just haven't been in the mood for really long hair, so I've kinda put it off.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• When I was around 12 I donated 8 in. I think it was =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:37 PM on Oct. 23, 2008