How long can I get by with a bent (front passenger side) strut?

We were in a fender bender yesterday. The strut on the front passenger side was bent in the collision. We go a ride home, and a friend made some adjustments so the wheels would be facing the same direction. He priced a used strut for us at $71 and a new headlight at $200 (that shocked the heck out of me). I don't know when we will be able to fix it (we still have the car under coverage, but we have a $500 deductible to meet first). Do you think I could get by on it for a few weeks (not driving everyday and not going more than 30 miles from home)?

hillmom

Asked by hillmom at 11:16 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• You can't get by for long but for a little while. Personally I wouldn't risk it and I would take the care out of commission until said strut is fixed.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:19 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• my husband said "until it breaks" lol...he said that it may last you a little while or it may break the first time you drive it.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 2, 2010