Do you think that it is ok

for a family member to call you at 9/10 pm when they know you are trying to put the kids to bed and it is not an emergency?

mevsthem

Asked by mevsthem at 11:28 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• No one in our family calls mom and dad after 7 p.m. With me I ask people not to call after 8. Phone goes off then. (only a few people have my cell phone number for emergencies).
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 11:29 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• No, but I have two people that ALWAYS do it. I always tell them I will call when I'm getting the kids down but they never listen to around that time I just put the phone on silent
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:30 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• People know better than to call me after 8. They only have to do it once to learn that.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 11:30 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Not OK. Don't answer and call them back.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:30 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I always tell everyone not to call past __ pm.

Answer by louise2 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• 9/10, yeah, that's no big deal... But 12 or 1 like my in laws do... That drives me nuts!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:32 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Ask them not to call after a certain time. Then turn off the ringer and let voicemail or answering machine pick it up. They will get the message.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 11:33 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I agree with SabrinaMBowen 9/10 is ok but 12 or 1 is a problem... It better be an emergency lol.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 11:39 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I don't call anyone with kids after 9pm but my family and friends know they can call me any time. If I'm trying to put her to bed I'll just say "I'll call you back" but I don't mind them calling me.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 11:40 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• That is what Voice Mail is for.
    It is rude for anyone to call after 8 PM when they know you have little kids or a baby....sleep time started at 8 PM at our house.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2010