Back pain - Can anyone help?

My hubby has terrible back pain - But only once he starts to relax. He works as a body man, and is fine all day. Once he comes home & goes to bed, tho, his lower back starts to throb. He says "I can feel my heartbeat in my lower back." Sometimes he can't even sleep, because as soon as he gets comfortable & starts to relax the pain begins.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or work in a place where you might have ideas? He hates the idea of going to a doctor - I'm just afraid it might be disc trouble, and don't want him to wait until one bursts! Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

dianepix

Asked by dianepix at 11:37 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Health

• He may have build up in his intestines that is causing inflammation & pushing on an artery or major vein. Have him try going gluten free for a few weeks & take a daily probiotic like Align or Sustenex.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:01 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• have him try ice packs for 20 minutes and then a heating pad for 20 minutes that might help him if he does not want to see a dr. take him to see cairopater,not sure if i sleeped that wright.,the cairopater may tell your husband to see a dr any way.i hope this helps
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 12:05 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• CHIROPRACTOR.
    Anonymous

• Most men do like to go to the Doctor, as a nurse I've seen this many times! But the BEST thing he can do is GO and get a complete physical. This will help him stay healthy, and take care of any problems while they are small. Just the stress of not knowing what is wrong with his back can add to the unrest between both of you.
    okmom2323

Answer by okmom2323 at 9:15 PM on Oct. 2, 2010