What's one of your favorite meals, and what do I need to make it?

I need to go grocery shopping today, and I need some fresh ideas. :P

sojourner.

Asked by sojourner. at 11:55 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• My whole family loves Shepard's Pie, and it's really easy to make! Take hamburger, and fry it. Put it in a casserole dish, add whatever you want (I usually just do green beans and corn, but have done mushrooms, onions, etc), then add a layer of mashed potatoes with sprinkled cheese on top. Put in oven at 350 for about 15-20 minutes... My mom uses ground turkey instead of hamburger, if you'd prefer it like that....

We also LOVE roast... Any beef roast with carrots, celery, and potatoes. My husband and children are all about meat and potatoes!
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 11:59 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Quesadillas - Medium Round Flour Tortillas, Boneless-Skinless Chicken Breast, Refried Beans, Shredded Cheese. We use Monteray Jack/Colby, but you can use whatever kind you like. - On a tortilla spread unprepared refried beans on Half. Top with shredded cheese. Top with bite size fully cooked chicken breast. Top with more cheese if desired. [You can add other mexican dish inspired ingredients, but remember that the more you fill it the harder it will be to flip.] Fold over second half of tortilla ontop of ingredients and lightly butter the top with cheese. Melt butter in a fry pan heated to medium temp. Place in Quesadilla and heat until browned on both sides and cheese is melted.

Birds Nest - Ground Beef (Or Chicken), Brown Gravy (Or a Roasted Turkey Gravy), Corn, peas, and Mashed Potatoes. Pile on ingredients ontop of Mashed potatoes, top with Gravy and Serve. Chicken, Roasted Turkey Gravy, and Veggies go together well.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Mushroom Steak, it's a crock pot dish that needs at least 6-8 hours to cook. Longer it cooks, the more tender the meat:
    You need eye of round steak. And 2 family size cans of Cream of Mushroom. And Cornflake crumbs (found in the baking aisle). And eggs.
    You take eggs (2-3) and add spices (I add garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper) and scramble them. Then dip the meat in the egg, then cover in the crumbs. Then fry in a pan til golden brown (don't take too long to cook).
    Then you take the cream of mushroom and put it all in a bowl and add half a can of milk per can you use. Add spices (again I use garlic, onion powder, and salt and pepper).
    Then in your crock pot pour some of the soup in and then add some meat, pour more soup, add more meat, pour the rest of the soup on top, turn on your crock pot and let cook all day! IT'S AWESOME!
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 12:23 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My Family loves this. Hope you like tuna. It is called Tuna Loaf. You take 2 cans of Tuna in oil do not drain (or 1 big can) 2 cups of crushed crackers (one sleave of saltine crackers equals 1 cup). 4 eggs slieghtly beaten. 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup. Mix all ingredients together put into a pan I use a 9 x 13 but you can use a loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes then sprinkle your favorite cheese on top.
    dlshaner

Answer by dlshaner at 1:11 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Well I missed this, but this is one of my FAVORITE winter meals:
    http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1142005

It's a little bit of work, but if you buy the squash already peeled and cut it makes it easier. I also don't add the almonds or the parsley.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 7:09 PM on Oct. 2, 2010