Where does the dust come from? Does anybody know?

and can I stop it? you know, like an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 12:00 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Dust is skin cells we naturaly shed, hair (human and animal), pollen, fibers from fabric and paper and dirt and i'm sure a few other things as well.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• it just comes lol, it comes in with the wind here i would say.
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• What Mom2Jack04 said
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• we live on a dirt road and it comes from the wind, people driving by even though its not much traffic cause its a private road
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:11 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• You cannot prevent it because it is the stuff of life.....just dusting on a regular basis.....old buildings seem to have more....I live in an old house and there is LOTS of dust
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• It's just part of nature not anything you can do people bring it in on their shoes it comes in when you open the doors or windows, it comes off of our bodies the dogs, & cats bring it in. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it. I had a 1 time had a custodian tell me if us girls would quite wearing clothes in the kitchen he wouldn't have so much to sweep LOL! Not that, that was ever going to happen in a school full of kids
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 4:54 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Yep..it's a never ending battle! One thing you CAN do, is get rid of carpeting throughout your home and install hardwood floors and ceramic tile, and keep clutter and knick knacks to a minimum--easier to clean! I love my Swiffer dusters--takes but a few minutes in my regular travels to stay on top of dusting. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:29 PM on Oct. 2, 2010