Do you own any bully breed or discrimintated breed?

if so why do you own that dog? how much did your insurance go up and who do you go through...... we have one Doxie mix and one American Pit Bull Terrier.... we have them both because we love them and we want to help show people that the APBT is not a bad dog...they are smart, loving and gentle... we are currently looking for a diff insurance company, and i thought there is no better place to ask then where moms go and if you have one you know all about the bad messages out there about our dogs and i just want to be safe when choosing insurance

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 12:04 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Pets

• I have Liberty Mutual, and I know they insure with Pit Bulls, at least my agent said that they did when I redid our insurance last year. I have a golden retriever, and they aren't any extra.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:06 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I have never heard of insurance going up for pets of any kind.
    We have two American Stafforshire Terriors. And it is all in the owner as to how they grow up to be. But we have allstate.
    I have learned also if something looks scarey, tough, or strong; people will treat it that way.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 12:31 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• We have an American Bull bog. She looks just like " Chance" From the movie Homeward Bound, or like the dog from The Little Rascals. Shes such a good dog and has been part of our family for 10yrs. We have 2 little girls, and she is so gentle with them and even lets the cat eat out of her bowl! When my family first heard we got a pit bull, they were too scared to be around her. Now that everyone has met her, they love her! It just bothers me when people ask to pet her, they'll be lovin' on her, and then they'll ask what kind of dog is she. As soon as I say the word "pit bull, they go runnin' for the hills. So, now when people ask, I say shes mixed with boxer and bulldog.- As far as the innsurance issue, I know what you mean because, my sister has a pit bull, and they can't get home owners inn. either. Even renters have a hard time. We can't find a decent place to live, because of our dog. I really hate the breed restriction rule
    RubyBlue82

Answer by RubyBlue82 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I have two shepard mixes and they can be pretty intimidating. People move to the other side of the street when they are out. They make a huge show of barking and throwing themselves on the fence but it's just an act. They are two of the biggest babies you have ever met. My lab/collie mix is actually more aggressive.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 11:40 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I have two rottweilers and one sharpei. We have Safeco and it isnt any higher due to the dogs.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 12:08 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I have a full bred German Shepherd and two GSDmixes I was dropped from our homeowners - and was picked up by harleysville insurance.
    if you own a "high risk" breed get them their CGC certificate it may help
    FooLynRoo

Answer by FooLynRoo at 10:09 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• We have an american Pit Bull Terrier and a Lab/Boxer/Pit mix!! My pit is 5 years old and she is the biggest baby ever, I love that dog soooo much. She is so sweet and wonderful with my young children. My 4 year old and 18 month old play "vet" and she just lets them do whatever without a second though. She is my girl!!! :o) My mix, ehhh he's sweet but pretty clumsy and not so smart, I blame that on the lab part! LOL. Anyways, after having these two and living with the parents of my older dog (had a roommate who owned 1 male and 1 female pit and they had puppies), I wouldnt get any other breed! I'm totally in love despite what anyone thinks they are awesome and can be whatever u want them to be
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:37 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• We have a rottie...he THINKS he is a teacup poodle!! LOL

He is a great old boy and has always done well with children and visitors :)
    grammamamma

Answer by grammamamma at 3:17 PM on Oct. 15, 2010