Does anyone have CANDIDA?

If so can you explain your symtoms? I have been told be a few people that I might have it but was also told some Drs dont believe in it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Health

• Hrm.. isn't that yeast? I've had a yeast infection but I would imagine thats not what you're asking. hehe I know doctors believe that to be real. :)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 2:41 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Yes actually it is where your bodu produces too much yeat, and it does not necessarily mean "down there" I get terrible sinus infection and other issues that are related. Jsut wondering if anyone knows of some herbal stuff that could help. This effects my IBS-D SEVERLY!!!!
    smota

Answer by smota at 9:57 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I actually was just looking this up!!! I have been having trouble in girl land making life miserable and nothing seems to be working..i was trying to figure out what it is and realized that I have almost ALL the symptoms of Candida. It is an overgrowth of yeast in the body. It can cause fatigue, foggy thinking, skin rashes, infections, etc... I did find a natural treatment for it, but they want $200 for the kit and that just aint happening...so I guess I will just suffer.
    EmilyRoseLovett

Answer by EmilyRoseLovett at 3:41 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• If you really have yeast overgrowth, it needs proper treatment--probiotics, strict diet, etc. As far as doctors "not believing in it," keep looking 'til you find one who does! I haven't been officially dx'ed yet, but after months of research, I'm convinced that it's my biggest problem related to a lifetime of hypoglycemia and severe symptoms over the past 2 years of hypothyroid (treated), SEVERE D deficiency (also under treatment), Celiac Disease (being treated), as well as horrific itching, severe exhaustion, chronic dopiness and senility, gaining back 30 lbs after losing 95 without a problem (and still about 85 to go), and generally just falling apart. This is a REAL problem, and it's to blame for SO many others, including fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. IMHO, any "doctor" who casually dismisses it as a possible reason for symptoms is a QUACK.
    LIZARD66

Answer by LIZARD66 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 11, 2009