Cartoons? More then one question...

My 9 1/2 month old daughter LOVES the baby einstein movies... My 3year old will watch them too! Does anyone know of any other 'baby' cartoon like baby einstein? We get on youtube and watch them sometimes, so I was curious... Also, how much t.v. time do you allow your children. DD isn't allowed anymore then 20 minutes a day, although if something on tv catches her eye, I'll let her watch it... and my DS (who's 3) doesn't get anymore then 2 hours, split up into four 30 minutes. He gets to watch cartoons while I'm making breakfast, after lunch, while I'm cooking dinner, and then sometimes I'll let him watch some before bed. It's always educational cartoons too, I'm not a fan of Spongebob, Jimmy Newtron, etc... Do you think this is reasonable, or not? DH thinks I'm a little too strick, as he grew up watching cable, and I grew up with three t.v. channels...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• Honesty, my DS did not really watch tv until he was 2. I kept reading that until they are 2 it's not the best. It was hardest 2 years of my life..lol! I think I allowed him ONCE on a flight when he was pitching a fit when he was 16 months but that is it. So I can't really say. I do not thin that there really any other DVDs geared for that age except the Baby Einstein. You are NOT strict at all! I let my DS ( 2 1/2) watch 2 episodes in the AM and he MUST earn his 2 evening episodes. My parents did not allowus to watch tv until we were in MS...so I feel like I'm too lenient..lol! As for good educational toddler shows go ( Spongebob is horrible and soooo not apropriate) team umizoomi, dora (DS can count to 10 and say 5 words in spanish), Little Einsteins (learn allot of musical terminology) & Mickey. I have heard Yo gabba gabba is good but we don't get the stattion it is on...
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• i don't know of anything else like baby Einstein sorry but about the TV time i thing that is good times for each i feel as long as ur not using the tv as a babysitter then let them watch it whenever they want
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My granddaughter LOVES Baby Einstein---Baby Van Gogh (Goat) the most.
    You can get or rent from the Library other good ones such as the Richard Scarrey books on video---WHat Do People do Everyday is a great book.They have shorter stories on DVD by Richard Scarrey. Ask at your Library--rent some--and if your kids love them you can buy them, usually at Target. Or Toys ARe Us..
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My Tv is always on kids shows. They arnt watching all the time it is just in the background while they play. You can stream from your desktop to your tv and watch that way too.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 2, 2010