What vechical would you say is the best for a family

I am currently driving a 2000 Buick Century it's an alright car but I would love to get something with more room and comfort and I have had nothing but problems with this car since I got it :(

Sheleekieije

Asked by Sheleekieije at 12:23 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Travel

• I drive a '97 Chevrolet mini van. It's an older car but is great for my family. It holds eight passengers.
    I do notice know they have some vehicles looking like a cross between an suv and mini van now.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 12:34 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My friend has a Durango and she loves it I have a Volvo XC70 which I love
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 12:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I LOVE my Honda Odyssey. Plenty of room, drives and handles well, and has the remote sliding doors that I love. The new 2011 Odysseys just came out and I really hate the look of the exterior. I was planning to upgrade next year, but I am going to wait it out until the next model change.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:38 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I have a 2005 Hyundai Tucson, its a smaller suv with tons of room :)
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:39 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I had a 2000 Toyota Sienna for 10 years. I loved that van so much that I now own a 2011 Toyota Sienna. It has a lot of room (I have a 12 yr old who is my height, plus 2 others, all of whom are not getting smaller,) bluetooth audio and phone, and 2 power doors plus the hatch. It's already made a 3500 mile road trip with no problems.

Depending on how many kids you have/plan on having I would also look at the Toyota Highlander and Honda Pilot. I've heard great things about both cars from friends with 2 kids.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:44 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Depends on the size of the family. If you have only two kids a regular car is fine. But if you have 3 or more a mini van is the best fo a large family.

Answer by louise2 at 12:49 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• We have a mid size SUV and it is the perfect size for us.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:20 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I drive a 2004 Ford expedition & I love it, I have never had any problems with it.
    nettyg

Answer by nettyg at 10:23 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• We have one child and we have a minivan. It is nice to have the extra room. When we go shopping or trips. Plus we are going to TTC next year, so we will need more room. When I went to buy my minivan I was lookng for a car/suv. My parents talked me into the minivan and I am so glad they did. I have a 05 saturn relay. I bought 3 yrs old with 30,000 miles on it. It was a great deal and stil covered under warranty and elected for extra warranty. I never was the minivan type, but it is nice. Plus, we have friends, and if we want to go shopping there is plenty of room in the minivan, just move the car seat or not, and youre good to go.
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 10:27 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I would never drive a minivan, so my suggestion is an SUV. I have an equinox
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:00 AM on Oct. 3, 2010