Need ideas for homemade Christmas gifts

Every year I help my kids make something for thier grandparents for Christmas. We have done handprint ornament and slideshow dvd's. I am having a hard time coming up with something. We can't afford a lot, so we need something cheap to do. My kids' are ages 8, 3 and 2. Thank you.

lovemygirls2007

Asked by lovemygirls2007 at 1:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Holidays

• I found out that Pre-measuring ingredients (cookies or brownies etc...) putting them in a glass bowl w/ a lid layering them all pretty like. Then make a card w/the rest of the instructions (Milk/eggs etc) THEN make a little thing for a baking party! I've done that for just random gifts, and it's always a hit no matter boy/girl/age, every kid like treats! Plus, they get special time w/grandparents-you can even take pictures and give them to them too! Just a idea. (if that made any sense.)
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 1:07 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• You can get dish towels and some acrylic or craft paint and have the kids stamp their handprints on them for a decoration.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:35 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• This is what my 2 1/2 year old daughter made last year.

http://familyfun.go.com/christmas/christmas-decorations/christmas-ornaments/scented-ornaments-665659/

I also bought bottles of red, green, gold, and silver glitter glue to decorate them with. They smell great, and will last for years.
    CaraWarner

Answer by CaraWarner at 1:53 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• One year we made our own hot cocoa mix, and dipped plastic spoons in chocolate then decorated the spoons with colored sugar or mini marshmallows. Wrapped the spoons in cellophane, put individual servings of cocoa mix in ziploc bags, and put on bag of cocoa mix and one chocolate dipped stirring spoon inside a mug we bought for less than a dollar for each gift. The kids were able to pretty much do all of it themselves with supervision.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:32 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• How about a photo collage? you can make one on shutterfly, than buy a cheap frame for it. you could also do a photo book, or develop photos and put it in an album, or a photo calendar.
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 12:43 AM on Oct. 6, 2010