I want to take a poll on

what birth control pill you take. Not birth control methods just what PILL you use. I am thinking about starting it again & just want o get an idea of a common one that is liked with out causing weight gain etc. Pls. respond only if you take the pill & thank you.

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 1:04 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Right now I'm on the Depo shot and I HATE it. I gain SO much weight with progestin only birth control. I was on Yasmin and I love it. I'm getting back on it in a couple of weeks, when my shot wears off. I lose weight on it, have really short periods, fewer headaches, better appetite control, less bloating, only a couple of days of cramping, lighter periods, etc.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:08 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I am on Seasonique. I have had no adverse side effects at all. I haven't even had any spotting like some report. It's been great to not have a period for a couple months so far.

Before I switched to Seasonique I was on Lutera, which is a basic monthly pill, for the last 6 years. No weight gain, no side effects. No unwanted pregnancies.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:08 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Hi Mrs.BAT I think there are 2 YAZ & YASMIN I will inquire about Yasmin then as I think I was on YAZ for a month or two before & then got off to have a baby. Sounds like it works really good for you, ya should of stayed on it? my friend also gained a ton of weight right away after having the the BC shot. I could never do it for one I hate needles & just don't like knowing what my side affects will be because I think its every 3 months? anyways thnx.
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 5:16 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I have the Mirena IUD in. I have no periods or short ones(like 1 day), do not gain weight, etc. So far I love it.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:50 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I never took them..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 1:08 PM on Oct. 2, 2010