What can I do to get motivated?

I am trying to loose 50-60 pounds and I keep telling myself to go to the gym, we have a gym here at my apt complex which is just downstairs from me but I just can not get motivated enough to go, mainly cause I don't want to go alone.

patsymay84

Asked by patsymay84 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Invite a friend over to check it out with you so you get more comfortable and if they turn out to be a workout buddy even better. You can also just start walking around the complex, go by the gym at different times so you can see when it is busiest, slowest and you will still be getting some cardio in.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 1:16 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Do you have something that will allow you to listen to music while you exercise? Maybe that would help make you more comfortable and be a distraction for you. I know how you feel. I have a teadmill and just got on it for the first time in weeks. I always find an excuse not to use it. I used to be addicted to it when we first bought it , several years ago, and I lost 20 pounds. I wish you all the best. You deserve to be healthy and happy.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:18 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Yea I offered to invite friends lol but they are as bad as me... there is always an excuse and yea they have a radio in there, I just want to loose my tummy and tone up a bit! I know it can be done I just give up after awhile when I don't start seeing results.
    patsymay84

Comment by patsymay84 (original poster) at 1:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• LOL..I look in the mirror.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Make exercise a routine-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:11 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• canu get someone to do it with u?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:58 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• nobody wants to exercise lol so nope i can't get neone to do it w/me
    patsymay84

Comment by patsymay84 (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I thought of you this AM when I saw a man walking in the grocery store and couldn't figure out why he did not have groceries or a cart. He was walking all over the place! Then he looked at a pedometer and I knew he was just there to do his walking...........getting his exercise! Like mall walking. Maybe he did his grocery shoppiing when he was finished. So I thought I would mention this to you. You could do your walking and then your grocery shopping (for healthy items!). ;)
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:48 PM on Oct. 4, 2010