ok...so I'm the one who asked if you were voting...here's what I've gathered from the answers.....

everyone is voting just so they can bi**h about what the Pres. does or doesn't do. Hmmm.... I'm really hoping that my understanding of the answers that people gave is wrong. (Even though it's exactly their words that i'm retyping.) That's a sad reason to vote...IMO! No-one else's...just mine.

So my next question is....

Is that really the only reason that you are voting? Is to bi**h about what what the next Pres. does or doesn't do in office??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I believe most of the women are saying they'd be hypocrites if they didn't vote. We have no room to complain (bitch) if we haven't done our part by voting. Saying that women are only voting to have the right to bitch, however, I feel is an over-simplification. Most of us have done extensive research and have voted accordingly. Not wanting to be a hypocrite is just one of MANY reasons why we choose to vote.
    sgalsmommy

Answer by sgalsmommy at 5:29 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• i dont get what youre asking or saying....
    Anonymous

• I doubt anyone is voting so they can bitch. I know I'm not. Talk about taking stuff out of context. you are referring to those of us who say if you don't vote you don't have a right to complain. That is our view but no where in that post did we say that we were voting so we could bitch.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 8:54 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I am voting because women fought to get the right to vote. I am not sure that it does actually make a difference, and I vote because I hope that I might be able to help make some change. Why not vote?? Why would we let women struggle for us to get the right to vote, just to sit on our butts at home and blow it off.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 8:55 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I don't vote just so I can complain about what the Pres does or doesn't do. I vote to express my opinion on who the Pres should be. HOWEVER, I do think that if you are too apathetic (or whatever) to vote, then you have no right to complain about what the Pres does or doesn't do.

Sort of like at a wedding - if anyone has any objections, voice them now, or forever hold your piece ;-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:00 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• All I said in my answer to your last question was that I voted via absentee. I never said why...were we supposed to?

In answer to that, then, no, I'm not voting so I can b*tch. I'm voting because of all those before me who worked their a$$es off and sacrificed so much to give me that right. I don't take that privilege lightly.

Why are you voting?
    MammaMiaMA

Answer by MammaMiaMA at 9:01 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• 1- Can't bitch if I don't vote, and why would I deprive myself of my favorite past-time?

2- I am voting I always do that way I have a right to bitch.

3- I'm voting. I always do. I can't complain if I'm not active in the system.

4- HELL YA, I am going to vote, that way if my candidate doesn't win I can complain and get back up on my soapbox, he he he.

5- I will definately be voting again this election...that way I can bitch about whatever the elected president does or doesn't do

5 different times people said that they are voting to bitch...am I still miss reading and misunderstanding this??
    Anonymous

• I'm sick of hearing about politics & every1 getting frustrated, ticked off or whatever about how this country if such a 'crap hole' because of this Pres & that party or whatever. I honestly don't care. But my question is this: Who is actually going to vote this year @ the elections? I for 1 am not going to vote. Why? Well because either way it goes, it doesn't matter. Whoever is elected will make some bad decisions that not every1 will agree with, but no matter what THEY ARE OUR PRESIDENT! They r OUR Commander In Chief. Your vote counts, but it's really CONGRESS that we need 2 b worried about. They make, pass and then send the bills 2 the Pres. FOR APPROVAL. I don't claim 2 know alot about these elections, but I know that no matter who I vote 4 it won't matter in the long run. You can post anonymously, like I did cuz I don't want anyone to get on my case about it. I'm just wanting your answer/opinion. Thanks!
    Anonymous

• That is the 1st question that I asked... and my answer to it.
    Anonymous

• To the anon above me, you do realize that you also vote for congress...right? So get off you ass and go vote.
    hannah_belle

Answer by hannah_belle at 9:27 PM on Oct. 23, 2008