Is anyone as stressed as I am about the holidays?

I haven't got the slightest idea what we are going to do for Christmas for our 4 kids. We are between a rock and a hard spot right now.

patsymay84

Asked by patsymay84 at 1:16 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Holidays

• get a piece of paper & start asking them what they want. That's a start...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:17 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Not at all, I love christmas even though my dad may (he RIP) departed this life on earth christmas day in 2008 it is stilll my best holiday
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 1:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• No---We never spend much.We just love being with family!! We never stress about the Holidays and I don't believe in huge Christmas shopping drama.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:23 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• we just don't have the funds this year, it's worse now than ever before, we are barely making end meet as it is
    patsymay84

Comment by patsymay84 (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Nope. We never do much and our kids don't expect much. I stress more about our schedule - but even that isn't bugging me.
    Anonymous

• It's going to be a tight Christmas here as well. Maybe there are some inexpensive things you can do or make. Memories last longer than toys.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:30 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• What we started doing this year was take $10 out of everyone of my hubbys check and put away in the bank for Christmas. Its too late to do it this year but a good idea to start doing nxt yr. Hope you figure something out.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 1:45 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• why should u get stressed out its the same every year .just write on paper what they want.i just have one kid to buy for.
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 2:35 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Quit stressing about the "stuff" you can give your kids and concentrate instead on the experiences. Take them out to look at the decorated houses, go to your town/city's light-up night, go to church on Christmas Eve, etc., etc. Depending on the age of your kids, it really doesn't take much money to have a wonderful Christmas. Stuff isn't the meaning anyway, is it?
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 7:44 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• u ask y am i stressing so much cause it's the same as every year... No actually it's not the same we had 2 full incomes coming in and now it's not as much so nope it's not the same
    patsymay84

Comment by patsymay84 (original poster) at 8:05 PM on Oct. 2, 2010