I got together with a man that I thought was great in October of last year. I found out a couple of days ago that he is still with his last girlfriend too. I was also recently asked out by a man that is my best friend. I love my bf so I don't know wht to do. SHould I give him a chance to leave her or leave him and go out with my friend? Any suggestions would be great.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Honestly, it's been a year already....he isn't leaving her. Go out with the friend. Some of the very best relationships started out as friendships.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Go out with your friend! Dump that jerk who has lied to you for a whole year! Lying is not good in a relationship, AND he cheated.. Double whammy! Dump him
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 1:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I would get rid of the 2 timer. If he hasn't left her - and lied to you for a year! he's going to keep doing what he's been doing. I would get rid of the cheater and spend some time with myself, heal, and then think about what I want and what is best for my child/ren. If your friend is serious, he will give you some time.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:23 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• if you love your bf, then you should know the answer - but, how do you feel about your bf still loving his past gf??? i think there should be some communication going on between the two of you - something doesn't seem right here!!!
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Oh gosh....if he was wither her while he was with you, i would say he has little respect for you. You really need to understand, that men who cheat like that have a VERY hard time learning to stop. It's different if they get real drunk & maybe have a one night stand (which is still very messed up) But, he is actually in two relationships at one time. That goes WAAAAY beyond a drunken night full of mistakes. He is sober & consciously cheating on you & her at the same time. He only cares about himself & if you think he will change for you, than you got another thing coming. If it was just a one night stand, i think giving him another chance may work. But, the fact that he was two timing the both of you shows great disrespect & it shows that he is most important to himself. Sometimes, guys cheat & realize they made a big mistake & learn a lot from it. It sounds like this guy is a professional cheater....move on sister, move on!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:25 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• If he hasnt left her by now he isnt going to. You should leave.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 1:28 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I was with a man for 3 years that had a girlfriend. They always argued and he complained about her constantly and he never left her. I finally moved on. When I think about what kind of relationship I would have had with this man had he ever left his girlfriend, I know I would have never trusted him. How do you know this man you're with wouldn't do the same thing to you?
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 1:33 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• He isn't worth it...theres a reason he was with her, and he is probably going to do this kind of thing again even if he breaks up with her, pm me if you'd like, I know from personal experience.
    Mortiferouslatt

Answer by Mortiferouslatt at 1:46 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• leave, once a cheater always a cheater,,,
    tjnorton

Answer by tjnorton at 3:42 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• the reality is that he has had a chance to leave her the whole time he has been with the both of you. on top of that he is a liar. don't you deserve better?
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 2, 2010