How can I market my idea?

I just purchased some land for cheap of course and now I had this idea that i have been promoting and people just don't get it . Well a lot of people do they get it and they are helping me with donations and such. I just need that extra push that get it out.

dorotheabrown37

Asked by dorotheabrown37 at 1:42 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• Is it an idea you'd rather not share? I don't know how i can help without knowing what you're doing.

Internet is always a great idea though. You can do a facebook page or something & recruit "friends" and what not. Maybe you can use your land for a fund raiser? Do something where ou can invite lots of people & have fun, like maybe a open mic outdoor "concert" and you can invite people you know who play instruments. IDK, if i had a lot of land, i would TOTALLY host a small music festival...lol!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:49 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Yeah please elaborate.....we can give much better advice if we know what you are trying to promote
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• If its an idea and hasnt yet been legally claimed in some way, I would suggest not sharing until you do get it claimed legally. Then after you do that you get signed "nondisclosure/noncompete Agreement" forms signed by each and everyone you talk to regarding your idea otherwise someone else can take you idea, changed it just a little and BAMM your out of a great idea. Do NOT do verbal contracts. That doesnt actually hold up in court as much as we'd like for it to. Lets face it people are not as honorable as they should be. You can find these agreements on www.nolo.com Contact a business counselor (1st) by calling the local Small Business Administration in your area. Then If the idea is really worth all the effort then an attorney. But keep in mind attorney's are after the easy money, so the hard work will be up to you. Good luck & keep in touch.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 9:06 AM on Oct. 3, 2010