How can I intrest my kids into cooking?

The only time that they want to lean some thing is when they are hungry. Other then that they eat what I cook.

dorotheabrown37

Asked by dorotheabrown37 at 1:47 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Are they old enough to go to the grocery store for you? At least take them with you, have them start picking and planning out meals. Set ground rules like no take out, must have veggies... things like that. They need to be part of the whole process than if they want to cook to survive you can teach them, if they want to cook because of genuine interest you can teach them, either way you get to teach them.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 1:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Get a kids cookbook and let them pick out what they want to make. Make it fun not a job.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I am sorry, I did not see the age group. I think that I would make it their responsibility to do the food one day a week. I would help them as much as they needed and wanted.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• You tell them that they are responsible for the mean once a week and if they don't cook - then they don't eat.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:54 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Well, I think they will like it as they do it. Don't let your kids be lazy! Tell them to do it correctly or be grounded, lol
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 2:56 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• PUT THEM IN A COOKING CLASS. THEY HAVE THEM FOR CHILDREN AND THEY MAKE IT FUN.
    MOMMYRICE866

Answer by MOMMYRICE866 at 4:52 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• i started mine with breakfastfoods. then moved on to simple meals. now my 14 yr old son makes a shepards pie to die for and my 13 yr old dughter can make a whole pot of rice and beans that tastes great. if i die tonight i know they can at least feed their dad for me since his mom didnt teach him how to take care of himself.lol. i love the woman but its cost me many years to get him where he is now. i've made sure mine can survive.
    dolphinprieto

Answer by dolphinprieto at 11:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2010