Do you have the problem with friends that visit and want leave?

I love my friends and when they come over I really don't mind. But most of the time they end up staying the night and won't leave until their at home issues is solved. My problem is that if I have it is theirs I pay light bills, phone, bills and food for other people house so that they can stay home. I can't kick they man out of the house because they are unhappy help.......

dorotheabrown37

Asked by dorotheabrown37 at 1:50 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• I have friends like that, eventually I just tell them that they need to leave. It's your house, and even though your friends may be sour with you at first, they usually get over it and if they don't, then they aren't very good friends if they cant respect you and your home.
    Becca1189

Answer by Becca1189 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• i have many friends like that, i just dont answer the phone when they call on the weekands cause ik their wanting to come visit
    tjnorton

Answer by tjnorton at 3:40 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• no
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• these people are not your friends. my BIL likes to use us - in this case i can't just cut off contact but he hasn't been back since a couple weeks ago when he came over acting entitled to money that hubby and i work hard for (and we are living off unemployment and ebay - it's not like we have extra) - after weeks of him coming by staying too long eating up all the food, etc. i just made a couple comments in a lighthearted manner that apparently he understood. he'll be back eventually, but i feel good about standing up for myself. it is up to you to tell these people no. stop paying people's bills, stop being a doormat. do you really think you are doing them a favor by letting them use you and not learn how to deal with their own problems? set limits. it's one thing to do this for friends once in a while but you need to stop...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:42 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I don't have friends like that. I try to distance myself from people who don't know when they need to deal with their own issues. If they're not adult enough to realize that, they're not adult enough to be a friend of mine.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 6:00 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I think you should also tell them that if they're going to come over, they need to bring their own food and drinks because you can't afford to pay for them and your own family.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 6:03 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My friend did leave friday with a tutd more or less she has not called. i did give her money to get gas. she is mad at her boy friend but me and my hubbie suffer for it. some times we like to hang out with i uglies out.
    dorotheabrown37

Comment by dorotheabrown37 (original poster) at 6:32 PM on Oct. 2, 2010