could a 13 month old be afraid of the dark?

my 13 month old son wont sleep at night unless hes in the same room as me, he wasnt like that befor, he always slept in his own room but now he screams bloody murder. could he be scared or something? if yes wat could i do to help him?

TeenMom17-Mszy

Asked by TeenMom17-Mszy at 8:54 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• he might be scared of the dark...I know I am. Maybe there are some shadows that are bothering him.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 9:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• It is possible he is afraid of the dark, try getting him a night light, even let him pick it out, or get one that has a character he likes.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:17 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• yes it is possiable that he is afraid.. get a nightlight or even a radio or something.. Maybe he has a special blanket or a stuffed animal that you can say see he like to sleep in bed with u
    shaynaj

Answer by shaynaj at 10:20 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I just had this same type of conversation with one of my daughters. Babys go through lots of changes. This is one of them.
    This too shall pass. Be patient
    Star419

Answer by Star419 at 11:11 PM on Oct. 23, 2008