What would you do if your bi-sexual son/daughter was been harrassed at school/neighborhood by peers and adults?

emily1230

Asked by emily1230 at 2:00 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I would stand up for my child and give those adults a piece of my mind if I don't kill them first Adults shouldn't be harassing children. I would teach my child to fight back and he/she won't get in trouble if she was just defending herself. If it's at school I would let the media know that the school does shit and allows anti-gay BS into their school.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Support them and Teach them to stand up for themselves. I went through it, and I did it alone... I don't want them to have to. But at the same time I feel they need to learn to deal with these kinds of things by themselves, cause mom isn't always going to be there to fight their fight.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:01 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Reno are you serious?
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 2:17 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I would support them and tell them I am proud of them for coming out and being brave about it. Even though at that age, I don't think you can label them yet.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 2:23 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Support them and tell them that they need to stand up for themselves...
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 2:07 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Oh I didn't answer you OP. I would go to the school and have it stopped. If it didn't I would take my child out of that school! Sorry there is no room for bullying my child!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Teach them how to kick box!!!! Kick their butt!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 2:55 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I am not really sure how I would handle that. I am not even so sure that a child of that age has the capability to understand that they really are bi-sexual. For me, that in itself would not be an easy acceptance. I would probably seek some counseling for both the child and myself first before I could confront anyone else. Some of us do not have experience with that, so how can we make judgements??
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:04 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I would report it to the school and tell your daughter to stand tall! and of course be her support system always.

Answer by older at 2:32 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Transfer to a new school and move.
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 2:41 AM on Oct. 4, 2010