Box Tops For Education?

I get TONS of these things, but don't know what I'm supposed to do with them. My kids aren't in school yet but I don't see any reason why I couldn't still send them in wherever they go... I mean, money for a school is money for a school, right? So where do I send them?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 2:03 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in

• Pick a school and ask if they do the box top program. Then take them to that school.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:06 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• They do have expiration dates on them. If you don'.t have a move planned you might could turn them into the school they will attend
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 2:07 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• We won't be moving out of this school district til the kids graduate at least, this is where we graduated... But I didn't know if I needed to send them somewhere or if I could just take them to the school...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My son was telling me that his kids school collect them and earn a sizeable amount from them. Just call your local elementary and ask. They will welcome them if they participate.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:11 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I'll take them, lol. That is if you would be willing to mail them to me. I will even send you what you spent on postage once it was here.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I forgot to add that mu children's school is having a contest competing with each grade/classroom and which ever classroom in each grade gets the most gets a pizza party.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I just wouldn't let them expire. Some of mine are good until 2014 but some are this year. At dd's school they give a prize to the class with the most.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 2:20 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• tootoobusy is right, that's what I would do.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 2:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I've been saving them too but I plan on homeschooling, so I post them on freecycle places. I also make kids stuff to sell so I also offer them for free if the person purchasing would like them also (I give them whatever I have, usually it isn't too much - like a dollar or so worth).
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 2:24 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Call your zoned school and ask if you can drop them off.

Or better yet--if you know a school-age child who attends the school your children will attend, give the boxtops to him/her. Often times, classrooms will have a contest to see who can bring in the most boxtops, and the winning class will get a prize--like getting to wear pajamas to school one day, or have an ice cream party.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 3:18 PM on Oct. 2, 2010