My husband is deployed and our sons 2nd birthday is coming up. I would like to do something fun and special but not too expensive. Any suggestions?

MJWill

Asked by MJWill at 2:11 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's fall...how about a trip to a pumpkin patch, pick out some pumpkins and have a Halloween Bday party??
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:13 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Interesting! His birthday is Oct 14th. Thanks!
    MJWill

Comment by MJWill (original poster) at 2:17 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My husband has been deployed for 3 of my daughter's b-days and both of my middle son's. So we usually do a little family party, and then i take them out for a special day. This year I took my daughter to a movie, out to her favorite place to eat then to the Disney store to pick out a toy.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 4:15 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My friend, whose hubby is deployed, had a small party for her son's 2nd. Fun snacks, the boys "decorated" cupcakes and made a mess, played with play-doh and acted silly :-) There were just 4 guests, which was a great number.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 9:54 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I am planning my son's bday party hopefully at mcdonalds so that the kids that attend can have fun too on the playland :)
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 3, 2010