What can I do about one of those magnetic tags the sales clerk left on my clothing purchase?

Is there any way to get it off at home? The store is 20 minutes away and I am pretty p-o-ed about the thought of having to drive back there. this seems to happen all the time!

science_spot

Asked by science_spot at 2:12 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Ugh, don't take it off yourself. We tried that once with jeans... there are ink inside those tags and you will get it all over yourself and the clothing. You need to take it back. I know, I was afraid they would think I stole the jeans, but you have to do it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:14 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Yeah, your best bet is to take it back. You could TRY pliers, but then you risk damaging the clothes.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:14 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• You could try to call another store and see if they can take it off for you, There is no way to get it off yourself.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:12 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Ask for a discount or future credit for the inconvenience.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:15 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Ok thank you. I have the receipt..... it is just annoying!!!!
    science_spot

Comment by science_spot (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Take it back. Call beforehand and/or talk to the manager when you get there and tell them how inconvenient it is for you, see if they'll cut you a deal for your time. If they act blasé about it, don't go back to that store.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:16 PM on Oct. 2, 2010