Will my kids ever be able to sleep all night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes when they are close to 1
    morgan_riggs

Answer by morgan_riggs at 2:27 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Mine does sometimes...he is 28 months
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:28 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• ok thanks
    morgan_riggs

Answer by morgan_riggs at 2:30 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• 5 hours is a sleep through. T expect more is unrealiistic. Even most adults wake at least once at night even if the do not recall. Children tend to settle into more consistent sleep patterns around age 3 or 4. Before that it varies.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:48 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My son started to sleep through the night at 10 months and he quit sleeping through the nigh around 12 months he still gets up about twice a night. Though I dont always have to get up with him.
    K3lly94

Answer by K3lly94 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• oh yes, it time they will...
    tjnorton

Answer by tjnorton at 3:33 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• eventually they all do! It may be a few years though. Parenting is 24/7. Once you are a mom you don't get a break! :-)
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I think it all depends on routine and patience. Babies are suppose to sleep for 12 hours a night before a year, as per what our doctor says. Seems unrealistic, however my dd just started sleeping from about 9pm until 7am, and shes 9 months old; so when she wakes at 7am she gets a bottle, then back to sleep for another 2 hours. Shes had a night routine ever since day one and it went from her waking several times a night, to 3 am and then 7 am to now just 7 am, and eventually that will stop and she'll go through to 9 to 9. Every baby is different but our dr said it really depends on calories, the more healthy snacks and food the baby eats through the day the better theyll sleep at night. I think that, partnered with a good night routine (for example we give Angela a warm bath every night about 7, then she gets warm baby rice ceral, and I give her a bottle in the living room rocking chair with just the tv on softly.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 12:55 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• (continued) after that shes full, content and relaxed, within 10 mins she's sound asleep and I put her down for the night. Usually I dont hear her wake up until 7 am, give or take.) Some nights are better than others and everyday is a learning process but for the most part we as parents have alot to do with it from the beginning. We can create bad habits or good consistant ones. Its hard and exhausting but it really does help......now as soon as we go in the rocking chair with the bottle, as soon as shes done she starts snuggling to go to sleep....so we know that babies do recognize familiar routine (or lack of) and start to understand what to do. She knows now what bed time means and we worked really hard to create that...
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 1:05 AM on Oct. 3, 2010