Dress code at school. Should it include, wild colored hair such as purple, pink, green?

emily1230

Asked by emily1230 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in

• No I don't think hair color should be included in a dress code. When I was in high school (and even after) I loved to change my hair color, and did it often. For the second half of my senior year, my hair was pink. It never effected my grades or my behavior.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 2:35 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I do not think so at all. I believe that sexually provocative clothing and dangerous jewelry should be eliminated, sure. But hair color is a form of personal expression I feel the schools should have no right to censor.
    momto1plus2b

Answer by momto1plus2b at 2:47 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• No I think of someone wants to express their self through their hair then have at it. Someones hair color doesn't affect their attitude, grades or behavior. If other students focus on what they are supposed to be doing other than the people around them there wouldn't be a problem. My hair is pink and I'll walk in the school all day and I'd be a hypocrite if I told my child he couldn't dye his hair

onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 2:53 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• it shouldnt be included but it probably is somewhere
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 2:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Personally, I'm almost anti-dress code. I think that some things should be restricted, like booty shorts and shirts that show off 2/3 of boob, or really vulgar language on a T-shirt, but I don't think that things like hair, makeup, type of clothing, etc. should be limited like it is at some schools.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:59 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• it does include it at my sd school district.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 2:33 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• that should be part of the dress code now too. I've seen some wild hair do's
    kelly5890

Answer by kelly5890 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I think it should since it can be a distraction. I know that one of the Public High Schools here allows it and the other does not.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Yes it should. It could (and probably is) be a distraction for other children. Most jobs have dress codes that include that rule, so its preparing them for that.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 2:46 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• u can tell ppl how to dress but let them do what they want w/ theyre hair
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 4:35 PM on Oct. 2, 2010