New baby in the house!

So my new son was born last night!! A very beautiful and healthy little boy!!!!!
He's coming home tomorrow.

I know he's a baby and he won't care about it, but I want to have a special "welcome" party for him. My 5yo already made a "Welcome Home Baby James" banner and that's up on the living room wall, but do you think it would be a nice idea to have my parents, friends, DD's dad over to welcome him? Or would that be too much for us with the new baby in the house? Would it be better if just me and my daughter were there?

I would like to do that and video tape it so he can watch it when he's older.

Thanks!

mygirlpaige

Asked by mygirlpaige at 2:34 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Adoption

• I would love to have all friends and family there to welcome the baby and to be video taped,they can take turns leaving special messages for him.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:47 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Aww Congrats! well that just depends on you, i would love to celebrate his home comming w/friends& family.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 2:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I agree with Gabby..and Congrats on the baby boy :-)
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 2:40 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I would think that it might be a little overwhelming for a baby to have so much going on. If you have all your family and friends, you must consider the noise of just regular conversations. Then theres perfumes and colognes... I'd keep it small in that situation.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 2:41 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I would wait a few days and see how you feel :) Congrats!
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:51 PM on Oct. 2, 2010