Do you believe there is Still Sexist behavior at school? Boys can do this/ girls can't do this and v.s.

emily1230

Asked by emily1230 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in

• Yes, most girls are told at a very young age. That they can't do what their brothers do. It's a known fact that boys can go almost anywhere they want to go and do whatever they want to do. Girls have limits of what they can do or go. I guess males are suppose to protect females. But that doesn't teach females to do anything, but cook, clean and be a good girl. I just do fully undrestand why people don't think that girls can do the same things as boys.
    TwannaB.

Answer by TwannaB. at 2:16 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• There is sexist behavior everywhere
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I havent experienced it yet, but DD is only in 3rd grade. But there was when i was in high school. They would not let girls into the mechanics class. Only boys could learn how to work on cars...LAME!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:44 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• It's everywhere still today.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:50 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Definitely. It's still everywhere, honestly. We had a girl in high school who played football for a very short time, but the couch kicked her off the team because of something that had to do with her being a girl. I can not remember what it was now, but I think it had something to do with her period.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:57 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

Next question in
Box Tops For Education?

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
What was your wedding song?