WWYD? should i say something?

my SIL (JUST turned 21) recently changed her FB status to "in a relationship" again then she added a "with" someone... turns out the someone is an old classmate of MINE (i'm 26 but i think he's already 27) and he was/is NOT a 'good' boy... she's already had 1 HORRIBLE relationship and the guy is still basically stalking her, had to put a restraining order on him! then her last boyfriend we all thought was pretty good for her but then he got a job working with her dad (my FIL) and she broke up with him cause it was just too weird, i don't blame her there, FIL was PISSED at her but now him and the guy are like best friends and its just too weird for SIL :P But i really don't have a good feeling about her going out with this old classmate of mine... i know its none of my business and i haven't even said anything to DH (he saw her FB status too but doesn't know the guy). What would you do? would u say anything? :-/

DreainCO

Asked by DreainCO at 2:48 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Nope a lot of us have to have these bad relationships before the good ones. She won't listen and it may even cause her to distance herself from you.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 3:00 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• It's been years since you went to school with him. He could have changed. So it's none of your business right now.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:49 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I would just mention that you know him. Then if she asks questions then answer them honestly but if she leaves it at that she may not want to hear about the past.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 3:31 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• You kinda sound jealous. No, I wouldn't say anything, unless he was into drugs or beating his girlfriends. Or he'd raped someone. If he was that kind of bad. But otherwise, she won't believe you. And chances are, since he is an old classmate of yours, she will think you are just jealous. Just stay out of it.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• He could have totally changed since you were in high school. I am 27 and know that I'm a totally different person now. So its not really fair to judge this guy based on how he was as teen. You need to get to know him again for you can make an accurate assessment of the situation. Other wise, its really not any of your business.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 3:28 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• you already said it - it's none of your business. i assume that the last contact you had with this guy was in... high school? that was a long time ago... stay out of people's relationships unless you are invited unless you want to cause problems in your relationships with them..
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 2, 2010