Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how easy would it be

i am tinking of leaving my boyfriend. I have one child that isnt his. And we have a daughter nd i am 27 wks pregnant with another. He says if i leave he would take the girls from me.How easy would it be for him too?
I dont have a job i have stayed at homewith the kids since we have been together.
he doe plus his mom who hates me is a paralegal and would try he damndest to take my daughters from me.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Relationships

Answers (15)
  • i know i didnt spell a couple things right or forgot a letter please dont bash me for it i need help.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

  • who cares how you spell. If someone is gonna bash you for it they need to get a life.
    I would go to the court house and get temp custody of the kids. and take possession of the house,so that you can get or things and what not. And your gonna have to figure out someway to get an attorney. Maybe the courts could help you with that too. Depending on where u live. It all may sound like alot to do all that(as far as mean), But if it's a bad situation and u don't, you'll be sorry u didn't. I've been there a few times..

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

  • Yea, it doesnt matter about his mom. And after you get the temp. custody, then something could be worked out as far as joint. But that way you don't have to worry about him taking them away.

    Answer by bizima4 at 9:17 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

  • I don't know how easy or hard it would be, but you need to get a job and a place to live. Is there someone (friends/family) that could help you out? I would think that as long as you show that you could provide for them, he would only be able to get a joint-custody at the most.
    Is he really wanting to be in their lives, or is he holding this over your head to keep you in a bad relationship? There is also a lot of programs that provide assistance, even legal help, for low income women (which you would be without a job). Every state is different, but there are women here from all over and someone could probably help you get hooked up with some help. I'll do my best to help you get answers if you message me.

    Answer by christyg at 9:18 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

  • Here in Ky, in my experience, they are big on "shared parenting" , unless one parent is found unfit,. They usually split the week up and the kids go back and forth. I don't think that 's the best option, but it seems to be the trend now. I seriously doubt you'd lose your kids completely, you'd just have to share them with their father.

    Answer by robinann5 at 9:31 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

  • I feel for ya... As much as I really don't like lying, I think I'd pretend all is well, get a job, start hiding money and when you feel the time is right, I'd beat him to the lawyer's office and file for temp custoday and have money to put down on a new place to live, and then go..... The most important thing is to beat them to the lawyer to file the temp custody from what I hear.
    I wish you nothing but the best of luck. Every woman should hide back some just incase money.

    Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

  • I feel for ya, it is hard to fix a situation you should have never gotten yourself into. Why have all these kids with someone without marriage? I will never understand.

    Answer by muddysuzi at 10:31 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

  • I agree with lisa ann p. If your not in an abusive situation I would go with what she said, but if you are in any danger, dont wait....get the hell out now!

    Answer by lilmans_mommy at 10:40 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

  • My ex told me he'd take the kids away from me too, but it didn't work. Do what the ladies above me said, and ignore what your sperm donor (sorry...couldn't resist) says. Unless he can prove you unfit, I don't think you have a thing to worry about.

    Answer by rhope4 at 10:40 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

  • first of all if your not an unfit mother nobody or their mother can take your kids away from you!!!!!!! he is just trying to scare you so you wont leave him maybe have your family help you with money but if not try to hide and save som get yourself a job a place for you and the kids without him knowing and get the hell out of there the worst that could happen is the judge would order visitation and maybe overnights on the weekends witch is ok if he isnt a bad father you dont wanna take the kids away from the dad so good luck with everything and remember what i said nobody can take your kids away

    Answer by nikki9403 at 10:42 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.