Do any of you know about, use and enjoy FREECYCLE? Please give a Bump if you do. Share with us your favorite freecycle pickup. Your strangest pickup. Your funniest pickup.

My best was two bar stools that were like new and retail locally for $189 a piece. Fantastic!!!
I got a bunch of celery from a person that I have picked up things from often.
The funniest was a holly bush my husband went to pick up for me and he ended up digging up this withered up old bush that this older woman just needed to get rid of.
Once I went to pick up some Iris and day lillies. The women's daughter was there helping me and she said "Those are my sandals" I got them the week before at her house.
Such fun, a great way to save and recycle. Save our budget and our planet.

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 2:57 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I LOVE LOVE LOVE freecycle. I don't care what people do with the things I post, freecycle isn't about charity. My local group has constant problems with this. People are always giving sob stories or requesting items & never posting anything to give. The purpose of freecycle is to reduce waste & the purpose of joining groups that are near your home, job, or school is to avoid travelling far since that kind of counteracts the whole "reduce your carbon footprint" thing.

If I was concerned about the money I'd sell the items myself; I post things on freecycle when I want them out of my house.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:38 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• samurai_chica Freecycle is at www.freecycle.org

You find your local chapter and join it. Poeple post things they are giving away and things they want. If you e-mail the person giving away something you want quickly enough you get the item and just have to pick it up.

I've gotten books, clothes, magazines things like that....i've given away a twin bed set, kitchen stuff, etc. etc.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I love freecycle!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:15 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I freecycle quite a bit, mostly to get rid of stuff I don't want or need anymore, but I've also gotten a few things, too. My favorite freecyle was for a family that had lost everything in a house fire and I gave them a whole set of my son's outgrown FP Rescue Heroes that were still in like-new condition. That mom was so grateful to be able to give her children some toys and it made me feel good to know I could help them out that way.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 3:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I don't know about freecycle, couls you explain? It sounds VERY interesting! I'm curious!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:59 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I love to freecycle. My favorite pick up was two sundresses, tags still on that retailed for eighty dollars each. I've worn them both many times. I've gotten SACKS of kids clothes, big boxes of kids books, and I always give away a box of stuff for everyone I get.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:00 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I used it once to get rid of a table and chair set I no longer needed (and I doubt I could ever sell). I'm with the first poster though I have a hard time using something like that because there are people who attempt to make a living re-selling things they get for free instead of using it like the way Freecycle's suppose to be used. (Getting for free and fixing things up to sell, that I don't mind so much.) My dad uses it a lot and he actually got a huge 3-level ferret cage with toys. He uses it for squirrel rehabilitation.
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 3:17 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I have heard of it just have never used it not even sure if there is one in my area I'll have to look
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 4:31 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Freecycle is awesome! I have given things away and gotten great things also!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 3:47 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I do my best not to use free cycle anymore since the only ones that respond to what I post are those that resale my items. I would rather give them to Good Will to resale then them.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 2:59 PM on Oct. 2, 2010