SAHM needing extra cash!?!

Anyone know of anything a SAHM can do from home to make money? Anyone do AVON? How does that work? Is it worth it? I would go back to work but I'm preg with 2nd child and would like to do something from home. Babysitting would be an option but not until I have 2nd child because my 1st is only 9 months old. Any suggestions?

Blessedmommy215

Asked by Blessedmommy215 at 9:11 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Money & Work

• Well my sister did Avon, she didn't make any money, but got great discounts on things for herself. You could try selling stuff on eBay or craigs list, I did alittle, and was just beginning to make alittle money, then I got 2 grandkids to raise, and can't find the time to do it. I am thinking about getting back into it. Be careful there are alot of scams out there, you can hardly trust anyone now days. Just don't put out alot of money on something someone promises will make you alot of money..just do your own research.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• http://www.fahtinformation.com/ Check out this site and feel free to ask me any questions! There are many ways to make some money! What are you passionate about? I wish you good luck!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• There are several things to do from home to make money. There are two main categories....wah jobs and wah businesses. First decide which of those you want to do. A home job is where you will be paid an hourly wage to work from home. There are not many legit home jobs and NEVER pay anything for a job. On the other hand, there are many legit home businesses but ANY business will require an investment of some sort. Some examples of home businesses are Ameriplan, Avon, Mary Kay, Candle companies, Tupperware...there are so many! personally have a home business with Ameriplan and LOVE it! Find something that you are passionate about and go with it!! Good luck to you:)
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 9:36 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• www.workathomeunited.com/NKirby
    nkkk07

Answer by nkkk07 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I do Avon and I like it. I don't make tons of money, but if you have a good network of friends or belong to a church you have a good place to start. How much money you make depends on how much time and effort you put into it. It is only a $10 start up fee, which is low compared to a lot of others. But you do better if you invest in a few sales tools, not alot, maybe $50 tops for bags, business cards, samples, office supplies, etc. I like that money isn't due to Avon until the next order, so you have time to collect from customers without having to put out your own money, and I like that I don't have to do parties, although it is an option to build business.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 9:44 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I have a business from home and I don't have to sell products.
    Check out my website and let me know if you have any questions
    http://www.Enjoyingmytime.com
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 11:33 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• If you are considering a home based business, and if you want to make money right away, you need to be in one that is in the 2 largest emerging industries...wellness and network marketing. With this economy, no one is spending their money on makeup, tupperware or candles...people these days are into their health and want to earn extra income and fast. The business I am in has been in biz for 3.5 years and has been featured in SUCCESS FROM HOME magazine 3 times in the ENTIRE issues...this is the first co. to reach its first billion dollars in just 3 years...first in the history of the US. it took microsoft 7 years. This is still a ground floor opportunity as less than 1% of the US has heard of it.. a great opportunity is one when not too many people know about it. I would love to share what i do from home around my kids schedules and make really GREAT money. I hope to hear from you soon.

BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 11:45 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I’m taking registrations for several companies looking for telecommuters and ‘home workers’. You can work p/t or f/t for all the places I have listed. I’m also registered with all of the companies and know they are legitimate. I’ve even added a Certified Ebay drop shipper; you don’t buy the product until you’ve been paid, great for Ebay addicts like me! Please look at the Top 5 free ways to earn at home at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:09 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• This site is free and legitimate. I have been doing this for over 15 months now. Send me a message if u need help.  http://www.squishycash.com/members/register.php?ref=antoinettegarry 

momagarry

Answer by momagarry at 10:06 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Work opposite shifts of you husband. Many of my friends who are SAHMs do this. They work overnights at Walmart or Target.  It is not always easy but we do what we have to sometimes.

lucasmomma2002

Answer by lucasmomma2002 at 1:16 PM on Oct. 24, 2008