My daughter won't drink formula!!

Ok So for some reason my daughter won't drink her formula. She hasn't liked it for months but drank it anyway (but not as much as she should.)
She was originally drinking Enfamil w/ lipil with baby cereal. Then the Ped changed her formula to Similac neosure. Her Ped changed it because maddy wasn't gaining any weight. Madison HATES Neosure. wont hardly touch it. She eats baby food just fine, I just started putting baby cereal in her baby food. She is 10 months old and weighs 14.4lbs. Any ideas on what I could do? I have put the baby cereal in a bowl and mixed it with formula too. She didn't want it. Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried mixing the ceral with the fruit? And maybe try to give her liquid vitimans from the health food store. That way she's getting the nutrients she needs if she's not taking the formula like she should. Would she maybe like soy better? I had to put my son on soy.
    Anonymous

• We have a granddaughter who was a premie, she is 22 months now and still very small, we give her Pedisure once a day, she loves it, and her appatite has also improved, and she's gaining weight.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• If she took enfamil, what about enfacare? That's why my daughter was on to help gain weight.
    Anonymous

• I have never heard of enfacare. Will WIC buy it? I have never thought of soy. I might have to try that. Is it ok to give pedia sure to a 10 month old? She was born ontime, when she was born she was 6lbs 8oz. thanks for your answers!
    JessicaRangel

Answer by JessicaRangel at 10:45 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• It probably tastes terrible. If she was taking Enfamil before ask the doctor if she can be changed to the similar product by Enfamil (Probably Enfacare) she might like it better.
    Otherwise try mixing it in with foods...
    will she drink water to keep hydrated?
    I would ask to see an nutrition specialist... they might have the best suggestions on adding calories to her diet.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:06 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• if she wont drink the formula she is about the age wear you would start weaning her off it anyways so why not just try whole milk and see if she likes that.. and if you are worried about nutrients and stuff you can still give her the baby food and ceral to make sure that she gets what she needs.. my son loved the milk better.. good luck
    playgurlbabyash

Answer by playgurlbabyash at 7:37 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I agree with playgurlbabyash. The WHOLE milk won't hurt her. The Ped. even told me to put butter in all of my son's food. He hated formula and liked the milk. Good luck.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 2:22 AM on Oct. 26, 2008