How many moms out there are cosleeping, and how old will your kids be/were your kids when they leave/left your bed?

I cosleep with my twin 8 month old boys and sometimes with my 3 year old. If she wants to join us, she does, although I do encourage her to sleep in her bed, simply because a full size bed doesn't support us ALL well, lol.

momto1plus2b

Asked by momto1plus2b at 3:35 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• We co-sleep with our 18 months old. He have his toddler bed and I put him to sleep there but sometimes he get up to the bed. This past 3 weeks we have been staying at my sister since we don't get our new apartment until October 15 and we have been co-sleeping. Oh I gotta add that sometimes even our 10 yrs old crawl in bed with us but we have a queen size bed. In January we are getting a king size bed because we are having another baby. But this baby will sleep on her crib and co-sleep.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 3:40 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• We've only co-slept while I was nursing. So by the time they were 8 months old they were in their own beds.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My son is 21 months and he sleeps in the crib but wakes up in the middle of the night and wants in bed with me.
    We share a room, I feel if we had sepreate rooms it would be easier for him to stay in his bed.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 3:45 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I sleep with my almost 4 yr old on nights he has a nightmare or feels scared because of his vivid imagination;) With him and my daughter I co-slept the first 3 months or so of their lives but not laying in a bed. I sat up in the bed or slept on the couch with them in my arms! Crazy huh? But it worked great, we would both sleep and wake up to nurse and sleep again. I missed hubby but for the first 3 months it was nice, hubby didn't mind because he got more sleep too;-p I will sleep with my kiddos if they need me, like having nightmares, otherwise they are on their own now;)
    I use to be against co-sleeping before I had kids, I didn't understand it. But if you are safe about it, it works great and is great bonding:)
    8sweetpea

Answer by 8sweetpea at 3:57 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I am not currently cosleeping, but once the baby is born, I will be again. Only one of my twins would ever cosleep (the other one wouldn't sleep anywhere other than her crib) and she slept with me for 10 months....my now three year old slept with me until she was about 18 months old.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 4:20 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I did it. He was 5 I think. He would have moved sooner, but, there wasn't a real reason to.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My almost three year old has slept in the bed with me for almost a year now, because we were staying with family and my DH works nights. Now that we're back on our own, and my DH still works nights, I'm not really that worried about making him sleep in his own room. He'll be in his own bed by the time he's in school, or sooner, if my husband gets switched back to days, but right now its something he and I both enjoy. I love waking up to him rolling over and cuddling next to me in the morning, lol.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I slept with my son until he was 4. He still makes an occasional appearance at 5.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:49 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• We're cosleeping right now with our 16 month old. We've tried just about every trick to get him into his toddler bed but nothings worked yet.
    ammbbbeeeerrrrr

Answer by ammbbbeeeerrrrr at 6:14 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I co-slept with my oldest. He was out of my bed when I was pregnant with my second, so he must have been two or two and a half. My youngest wouldn't co-sleep. I wanted to because it makes nursing so much easier, but he wanted his space. He would nurse and then wait to be put back in his bassinet.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2010