what should I say to this lady that picks her kids up later (Babysitting)

If you read my other posts then you know about it...This lady brings her kids in the same clothes 2 days in a row, never brings wipes, never enough diapers, brings spoiled milk in the sippy cups for them. Mac and cheese everyday they always look dirty, she has no electric and about to lose her Apt. They jump on my coffee table, couch, breaks toys (3 year old) the other one 20 months can't walk. Well she dropped off the kids and after she dropped them off she texted me saying she didn't need me anymore. She says she isn't paying me for this week cause she doesn't have the money (100.00) then she texts me and says she is tired of picking up her son and him being black from my floors. She said I am just like the other sitter. I told her well when babys crawl they get dirty. (I have hardwood floors I mop every day, but the kids still get dirty from crawling on my floors) CONT...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• This kind of stuff is exactly why I stopped babysitting.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I wouldn't say anything to her. I would be calling CPS
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I would call CPS. These children sound like they are being neglected while at home.
    Danaefm

Answer by Danaefm at 5:06 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I would count my blessings and find someone else to babysit.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• You should tell her she needs to pay you, and If she refuses I'd tell her exactly what kind of mother I think she is.
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 3:44 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I'd say good riddance.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 3:40 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• she said she shouldn't have to pay me because last week (I normally watch the kids 3-4 days a week still at 100) she said I didn't watch the baby which I did (he was sick) I text her saying he was sick I still had him all day the next day I had him and his brother and he was still sick so I told her someone needed to pick him up which her mom did I still had him from 8-1 (normal hours are 8-6) and even then I still had the 3 year old so I feel she still needs to pay me. I told her I will talk to her when she gets her, but what do I say to her? She was going to have someone else pick them up, but I said I wasn't handing them over to anyone else (because I wanted to alk to her and I think she is now not wanting to face me).
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:40 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I am curious to what happened when she showed up? Do you have a written agreement? I would also refuse to have someone else pick up the kids. She should have to pay, don't know if you could bring her to small claims or not:( but would it be worth it? she so seems not worth the time. Why is her 20 month old not walking? My daughter is 20 months and I can't imagine her not walking! but that is besides the point, how can she say you get her kids dirty when she drops them off that way? I guess you should be more upfront if this ever happens again with someone else, or if you keep her, with her. If they bring icky sippies time and again mention it nicely. All those "off" things you should have been mentioning to her subtly before. But since she is bashing you for clealiness she opened the door for you to tell her exactly how it really is:) Good luck! I hope it went okay!
    8sweetpea

Answer by 8sweetpea at 3:53 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• sweetie, I would have to agree with almost everyone. Yeah it's $100 less you will be getting each week, BUT at least you will have your sanity back. I'm sure that she did the same to her last babysitter ~ and God be with her, if she truly is having problems. Nobody REALLY knows what she is going through. Just be most cautious when the next child(ren) come your way ~ I would mention things that you might see (ex: kids dirty, spoiled milk etc) but in a subtle way :)

GOOD LUCK TO YOU & GOD BE WITH YOU DURING THIS TIME!
    NYladybug

Answer by NYladybug at 4:06 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• 8SWEETPEA

I didn't have a written agreemwnt I was actually working on one today when she said she didn't need me anymore. I am not sure why her baby isn't walking yet. He wont even walk along furniture or walk if you hold onto him. Soon as you put him to the floor he put his legs out to sit. Her mom told me today that the baby that is in the pjs has been in them for 3 days now. I have told her before about the sippies and she still continued to bring them. i was going to talk to her, but she didn't want to face me she had her mom pick the kids up. I know her mom. I wasn't going to let her pick them up though since I wanted to talk to her, but her mom paid me the money so I then let her mom have the boys
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:13 PM on Oct. 2, 2010