does it annoy you when.....

Does it annoy you when someone says February and pronounces it as "feb boo ary?" Ugh, I have a coworker who says it that way and it drives me bonkers! Just wanted to know if I am alone with this.....

iluvmytriniti

Asked by iluvmytriniti at 9:12 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Yes, it drives me crazy, too. :)
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 9:13 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Yes, you are insane..you should check yourself in the looney bin..I have a number for you to call actually. 603-413-4133
    LindsayKay

Answer by LindsayKay at 9:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Ahahahahahahahahha!! I swear I almost peed my pants. hehe
    Yes it is annoying. But so is warsh cloth and crown when speaking of a crayon. LOL
    SAHM_Millie

Answer by SAHM_Millie at 9:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• How about people who say "probly" instead of "probably." I realize I have a Master's in English and might be a bit too anal about this stuff, but that drives me up the wall!
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 9:18 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• How about FIXIN TO instead of GETTING READY TO or YA'LL instead of YOU ALL? It could be a Texas thing i guess but I've lived in Texas for 37 years and I still don't say those things! It drives me crazy~
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I live in Ky, so Y'all is normal here, but actually I really don't say it myself. But that doesn't bug, me, what really bugs me is : heared instead of heard, fixin' instead of getting ready, wont instead of want...I could go on...but I know my grammer isn't perfect...I"m just alittle anal....lol
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I say ya'll =]

But yeah OP, that does drive me kinda nuts >.< I don't like when people correct me for saying "pin" instead of "pehn." (For pen) Or when I say "tin" instead of "tehn." (For ten) It makes me feel bad : /
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:36 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I hate "ain't" instead of "isn't"...........................
    Anonymous

• hey now, I'm was fixin' to say there ain't nothin' wrong with ya'll! :) I'm from the south so ya'll is second nature, but I hate how my mom warshes her clothes but my grandma from MA paks her ca in havad yad. :) One places loses the "r" and the other picks it up. Guess letters are neither created nor destroyed!
    Anonymous

• So is it feb-rew-ary or feb-u-ary ? Don't think I've ever heard anyone says feb-boo-ary
    Anonymous