Crayola Color Wonder: Do they really only mark on the special paper? What ages are they for?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 3:47 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• I just buy washable markers. Crayola wonders can leave marks on clothes and furniture. It;s kind of like an oily clear spot with no color.
    Kentuckygal511

Answer by Kentuckygal511 at 4:31 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Yes and as far as age..... Old enough to know not to put the marker in their mouth...... depends on the child.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:51 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• They *can* leave marks on other stuff - which is why they say to not let your kids color on furniture etc. They are for people who are too anal about letting their kids have regular markers/paints and don't want to clean up a mess if the kids get stuff elsewhere. I personally love the markers for when we're out & about - in the car, in waiting rooms, etc. And I've never has spots left on anything from the stuff, though I've seen a couple questions here about how to remove marks from furniture/carpet.
    Anonymous

• i got this for my kids and love it...they only color on the color wonder paper and it was the best idea EVER made...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 4:31 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• yep, they only work on the proper paper. my boys loved them. i think i introduced around 2ish maybe? the hidden pictures are fun, other wise we just use regular makers. wondercolor paper and coloring books are on the pricey side.
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 4:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2010