• In the Spotlight:

Have you ever been rushed to the hospital in an ambulance? (If this question makes you feel uncomfortable, please, skip it straight away.)

What do you remember?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 3:50 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Health

• No, I don't remember. I was in and out of conscious the whole time. I don't remember the ride to the hospital. I just remember hearing the doors open and a cold gust of wind. A bunch of people were talking and my mom screamed. That's about all I remember and my dad crying. I was in a car wreck. I was in bad bad shape.

PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 4:03 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• That I wish they would have straped me on the bed. I almost fell off.

Answer by louise2 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Yes I have, being worried and wanted to know why I fainted.

Answer by older at 3:51 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My son he was going into pulminary arrest during the trip to the next to hospital.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Kind of - it wasn't for me, if was for my DD who wasn't 2. I remember one of the EMT's telling the driver to step on it because she wasn't going fast enough - he was worried because DD was so lethargic & unresponsive and there wasn't anything they could do!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:53 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Yes-I had a gall bladder attack and the pain was horrible.I called the clinic and couldn't breathe so they sent an ambulance. I was embarassed later on....I hated the attention I got from the neighbors when the ambulance showed up. OMG.....
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I remember waking up because they were starting an IV, and asking what my name was and the date..then I passed out again.
    blueeyedbabyz

Answer by blueeyedbabyz at 4:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• a few times this time yeah
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 4:26 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Yes. I remember the entire ride. Easter 2006, at 36yrs old, I had a stroke and when I woke up I was outside of my house on a gurney. They were asking my DH all kinds of questions, my mother was talking to another EMT, and my DS, then 6, kept telling them,"MY MOMMY'S ON PAUSE...GET HER OFF PAUSE!" I could see and hear everything, but I couldn't move, speak, or let them know I was there in anyway. Once in the ambulance I can remember the EMT's talking about me and how bumpy the ride was and how loud it was. Thankfully I have recovered pretty well. The only lasting problems are with numbers and I will still stutter when I get over tired. By the way I ended up with a surprise 2 yrs later when we had a second son.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 4:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Well it wasn't rushed. I just went because my hand was black and blue and they wanted to check it (was in a car accident). I knew the one EMT and talked to him for most of the ride, which got him in trouble because they didn't get their work done, lol.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:35 PM on Oct. 2, 2010