Does anyone know of an adoption situaton for sibling group-not foster care?

We're the adoptive parents of a 13 month old boy, and would love to adopt a child young enough to play with Jacob, but would prefer a little bit older child. We're already home-study approved, and have an attorney in place, and I've taken foster care courses, but would prefer private, and preferably open adoption. If you know of a situation, please e-mail me at sizemore@flippinweb.com. Thanks!

sizesmith

Asked by sizesmith at 9:28 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Adoption

• You do realize that there are photolistings that show children who are fully adoptable (already TPR'd) and waiting in foster care. If you pm me your state I can give you a listing for your state or you can adopt out of state kids as well. I have lots of sites if you are interested. We have adopted 8 that way and have 2 (praying for a 3rd) more on the way. If you are already homestudy ready and willing to adopt a child who is waiting then you can bring them home very quickly.
    mommy9

Answer by mommy9 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Contact your county about becoming a foster to adopt family. They often have kids where parental rights are already terminated, or are clearly going to be terminated. You can try some of those photolistings for children, but I think you are very unlikely to find a healthy child under the age of 5. These kids don;t usually make it to the point of getting their photo posted, there are enough fost/adopt families already waiting. You will find lots of help and experienced mom at the foster adopt group at http://www.cafemom.com/group/fosteradopt
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 25, 2008