What do you say to some one to help them de-stress?

My SIL's high school friends have all but abandoned her for her wedding. During school they were all close. She was an attendant for both their weddings, and threw them both bridal showers & helped them plan along the way. She also dealt with bridezillas. Now her wedding is a few weeks away and her "best friends" are being hateful to her because she was having a bad day and said she felt like no one cared about her wedding. Big deal, she was upset that day, but they took it personally. The thing is, they DON'T care. The threw together a last minute shower for SIL. They were both snobby to the guests and acted like they didn't want to be there. This was before the little spat. SIL is stressed cuz who knows if they'll show up as attendants. She still has planning to do, but they haven't helped. Me and a couple other girls are having a girl's night in with her tonight-What can we do to help her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sometimes just your presence is better than putting your foot in your mouth!
    Mommee42boyz

Answer by Mommee42boyz at 7:43 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Whoops, I checked the wrong box...wasn't supposed to be anonymous. Any how, to make matters worse, her own mother has not lifted a finger, offered advice or been available to help her daughter. That is also a factor. She and her fiance are paying for every thing, but they could use a little help with getting things together. I didn't know the bridesmaids weren't helping or I would have helped sooner.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I would tell her to drop those friends and make you and the other person her matron of honors. You guys are doing a great job at helping her and she's luck to have someone who cares enough to help her out.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:14 PM on Oct. 2, 2010