How to clean a bseball hat

Does anyone know how to clean a baseball hat without ruining it? My son has a hat that he's almost always wearing. (the only time he doesn't wear it is at school, in bed, in the shower or during meals) It's starting to smell disguisting. I tried spraying it with Febreeze that didn't help.

Shell89

Asked by Shell89 at 4:05 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I throw them in the washer, then dry over a ball or something else that fits inside the hat without being porous.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:06 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• That have these holders that you can place the cap in and it holds it's shape while it's in the wash
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• This is what I was talking about. You may be able to find it at your local supermarkets

http://www.atomicmall.com/view.php?id=756658
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• You can get a hat holder at almost all department stores, place the hat in it, and throw it in the washer. Then keep it in the holder while you hang it to dry ~ they work AWESOME :)
    NYladybug

Answer by NYladybug at 4:15 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I've thrown it in the washer and then dried it on a styrofoam head.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 9:26 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Thanks. I'll look for one of those holders next time I'm at the store.
    Shell89

Comment by Shell89 (original poster) at 4:02 PM on Oct. 3, 2010