Moving to the next step

My boyfriend and I are dating for the second time. We lived together in the previous relationship for roughly a month, but broke up because we weren't ready for that level of commitment at the time. We got back together months later, and have been dating for 8 days shy of a year this time. We've decided we both want to live together again, but only when we are ready for it. I'd love to live with him, and have mentioned it to him, but I 'm not sure, when it really comes down to it, if I'm ready to do that yet. Yesterday, he said he was still having apprehensions about taking that step just yet,and thought if he was having them, it was likely I was having them too. My questions are, do you think this is possible? Maybe he can sense something I'm not aware of? And I can't understand why I want to move in together, but when people ask me if I'm really ready for it, I say no. How does that make sense? HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• 8 days? I think you guys should take a few months before you decide if you want t live together, Look what happen the last time. Take your time. Dont rush into anything.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:15 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• 8 days shy of a year.
    countrygirl1987

Answer by countrygirl1987 at 4:19 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Why do people think that you HAVE to live together to be that committed? You can have a very committed relationship and not live int he same house. Why do you need to rush?
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 4:20 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I would still wait. Regardless of how long you've been together. Why don't you guys try "sleep overs" have him there for like a week straight and see how things go.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• don't do it if you're not sure.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Probably not a bad idea:). And, when it comes down to it, even though I know I want to live with him, when other's ask if I'm ready, I don't feel like it quite yet. He can probably sense that too. Giving more time is probably the wisest choice ATM. Thanks:).
    countrygirl1987

Answer by countrygirl1987 at 4:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• If you've been together eight days shy of a year and you feel you're both ready to move in together, then go ahead and do it. I think it's great that you two are taking it slower this time around. Time is key and I think you're doing a great job.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 6:35 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Thank you very much Tam:).
    countrygirl1987

Answer by countrygirl1987 at 7:17 PM on Oct. 2, 2010