Do you make dump cakes and what kind do you like? Explanation for dump cake in details

A dump cake is where you dump a cake mix, eggs and other ingredients into a pan and mix them all up, super easy to make. My fav is pumpkin but looking for other ideas.

SophiaofLight

Asked by SophiaofLight at 4:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Cherry Dump Cake 1

1 large can of crushed pineapple
    1 can of cherry pie filling
    1 package of yellow cake mix
    One 3 1/2 ounce can of flaked coconut
    1 cup of pecans, chopped
    2 sticks of butter, melted

Dump the pineapple, including the juice, into a 9 x 13 inch pan. Spread evenly. Spread the cherry pie filling over the pineapple. Spread DRY cake mix evenly over all. Then sprinkle coconut and nuts over that. Pour melted butter over all. Bake for1 hour in 325ºF. oven. Serve with whipped cream.

MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 7:00 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• chocolate cake and strawberries
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 4:27 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I make a cherry dump cake using white cake mix, and canned cherry pie filling. It doesn't need frosting. Super yummy.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:28 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I do one with a spice cake mix, apple pie filling and butter. It is great in the fall.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:40 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Husband made a dump pie: philly cream cheese and pumpkin
    SUPER delish!!!
    Danaefm

Answer by Danaefm at 4:41 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I just reread your question..I think I'm taking about a different kind of dump cake. Mine you take a 9x13 pan metal or glass doesn't matter but glass looks nicer. Preheat oven to 325 for glass, 350 for metal. Choose two cans of pie filling (20oz cans) My family prefers they both be the same kind. You can mix if you choose. If I use cherries we prefer a white or devils food cake mix. Most people just use yellow. Dump both cans of filling in the bottom of the pan, dump cake mix over top. I cut up a stick of butter over the top in little chunks. Sometimes I add nuts. It is so simple and so versatile you can just tweek it any way you want. Bake for about an hour. Serve with a big spoon. We usually have ice cream with it. It is very rich..I only make it once or twice a year.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Mine is the same kind as grneyedgrandma, but I use yellow cake with cherry pie filling and we love it!
    CoCoMom89

Answer by CoCoMom89 at 5:31 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Pumpkin Dump Cake 1

1 can of Libby's pumpkin pie filling
    2 eggs
    3/4 cup of sugar
    2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice OR 1 teaspoon of cinnamon,
    1 can (1 1/2 c.) of evaporated milk
    1 box of yellow cake mix
    1 stick of butter, melted

Make the pumpkin pie filling according to directions on the can of Libby's pumpkin. Pour the batter into greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Top with package of yellow cake mix. Melt the butter and pour over dry cake mix. Bake 1 hour at 350ºF. Serve plain or topped with whipped cream.
    MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 6:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Swiss Chocolate Dump Cake

20 ounces of crushed pineapple; undrained
    1 can of Cherry pie filling
    1 package of Deluxe Swiss Chocolate Cake
    1 cup of pecans, chopped
    1/2 cup of butter or margarine

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Dump pineapple with juice into ungreased 13x9x2" pan. Spread evenly. Dump in pie filling. Spread evenly. Sprinkle cake mix evenly over cherry layer. Sprinkle pecans over cake mix. Dot with butter. Bake at 350ºF. for 50-55 minutes or until set. serve warm or at room temperature TIP: To make the traditional Dump Cake recipe, substitute Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Yellow Cake Mix for the Swiss Chocolate Cake Mix.

MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 6:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Black Forest Dump Cake

One 8 ounce can of crushed pineapple, drained, save juice
    One 21 ounce can of cherry pie mix
    One 18 ounce box of Devil's food cake mix
    1 cup of chopped pecans
    1/2 cup of melted oleo
    Whipped topping

Lightly grease 13 x 9 inch pan, layer drained pineapple. Second layer - add pie filling. Third layer - dry cake mix over filling. Fourth layer - sprinkle with pecans. Combine the melted butter and pineapple juice and pour over top. Bake 1 hour at 350ºF.
    MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 7:03 PM on Oct. 2, 2010