Are there any grants available for single moms?

Like that help with assistance with your child, getting out of debt, getting a vehicle. Things of that nature. Or a legit grant site I can look into. I already know about the school grants. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• look into it, i know my sister has grants because of being a single mom for daycare, school, and all kinds of stuff.
    Brianna-Ravae

Answer by Brianna-Ravae at 4:27 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• There's so much info online, the only problem with that is you never know which is legit & what isn't.
    ashybaby87

Answer by ashybaby87 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I have NEVER heard of grants to get you out of debt or purchasing a vehicle.

However, There is cash assistance you can receive through your state's welfare office. There is a childcare program through your welfare office as well to help pay for childcare costs while you attend college, or work. There are also programs to help get yourself enrolled in college.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:28 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 6:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• You can probably qualify for food and financial support from the state and maybe even housing, and also get WIC for food assistance for your child. Other than that, i am not sure of any other assistance.
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 5, 2010