did the not wearing white after labor day still exists or is it accepted now

gianna530

Asked by gianna530 at 4:57 PM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Have no idea. Why can't we wear white after labor day is what I always wondered.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• In the fashion world it still exist. In the real world I don't think very many people care. And in the mom world...I think you wear whatevers clean. LOL.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 5:01 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• It depends on where you are. When I was a kid it was heavily critisized. My Mom always said it was supposed to address shoes, not clothing. White pumps are hardly suitable in clod, muddy, wet weather. Winter white was always okay. My grandmother however, added this once when I asked. "It should apply to only shoes..but it remeinds you to be wary of summer weight clothing in the fall when temperatures can suddenly change quickly. It really is much more relaxed than it used to be. Be yourself. If you live someplace like San Diego..you can wear summer wieght all but a few weeks of the year. If you're in Boston..it can snow in June.. LOL, I was there once when it did. Use common sense.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:07 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• thank you it all sounds good i have a pair of white pants ready to come out lol
    gianna530

Comment by gianna530 (original poster) at 5:20 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I don't wear them, but I should now that I live in sunny Calif
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 12:18 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• IMHO, it's okay to wear white after labor day if you get an extremely hot, summery day or couple of days - but, once the weather changes, put your white away - except for winter white - that is appropriate - and never put the white back on until after Memorial Day - it used to be Easter, but we kinda moved it up in the last few years - maybe 10 years ago - don't quote me - this is only MHP - smiles
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 7:11 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• It doesn't apply
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 10:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I dont think it even matters anymore.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:51 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I don't think anyone really cares anymore. lol
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:01 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• it doesnt matter
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 5:58 PM on Oct. 4, 2010